Go here to get the code to post this in your own journal.
• So in the supermarket, I became distracted by a jar of marmalade. The little orange strands in it suddenly looked rather like fish to me, and I tilted the jar of marmalade towards the light, thinking 'the fish would need special jelly-absorbing gills' when it occurred to me that nobody who thinks about fish living in marmalade will ever turn out to be a Secret Genius.
... It was a blow to me, I will confess. But I'm recovering. ~sarahtales
• Presume not that I am the thing I was.
• Then enjoy that. Don’t stilt yourself. Enjoy how it feels to be in love. The rest will come, or it won’t, but this is yours. Him, me, them… None of us can touch that. What we think doesn’t matter. It’s your love. Your esteem. You control it. It doesn’t depend upon anyone else, and you can give it to whomever you want. You’ve chosen him, and that choice makes you happy. Hold on to that. from The Business of Saving Souls, part 3, by rurounihime
• I'm hardly capable of half the damage that I would like to do; I could swear that I don't care but you know that I'm too full of shit to think this through... I'm just like me, so who the hell are you?
• "I like to remember everything," Remus says, very quietly, so as not to wake him. "As it was. Because moments by themselves aren't enough; they're just -- they're like photographs. They move a little, they wave, but they aren't everything. You can look back on a moment and say 'In that moment I was happy' or, more often than not, 'In that moment I was uncomfortable' or 'In that moment I was sad' or 'In that moment we were all berks' but you can look back on everything and you think, 'That was good.' Because when all the moments come together, when all the songs meet up with one another, you get something whole and complete and wonderful, people you loved and people you hated and a fondness for them you may not be able to recapture but everything you remember about them being somehow more than they really were, because that's what remembering everything does. When I'm old, I think, I'll look back on this and I won't remember 'That time Sirius thought, if he lit a fart on fire, he could make a star come out of his arse' but I'll probably remember the stars themselves. I won't think 'He nearly choked me when he grabbed onto my tie' but I will think about the stupid doggy noises you're making, even right now, even while you're sleeping. It probably means remembering everything and not jumping from moment to moment like life is a game of leap-frog and should be taken experience to experience like lily-pads is foolish, because I won't remember you're often a berk and James is often a berk and Peter can be impressively inane and I am such a wet-blanket with such a large nose it's a miracle you don't hate me. I'll just remember that I talked for five minutes to a friend who was already sleeping and I was happy anyway." Remus pauses, sighs, and thumbs the side of Sirius' jaw, not noticing the path of his fingers. "You're not going to remember any of this. Which is probably good since this, my friend, is definitely babble. I hate Gillyweed. It makes you think everything is profound when, in reality, you're talking to yourself and no one else can translate the language that is You." The Shoebox Project, Part Eleven, by ladyjaida and dorkorific at shoebox_project
• I use Tyranitar’s Crush Draw and it fails; I was kissed there once; the roses are beautiful so I take pictures; the chances of encountering a shiny are 1 in 8,192; that’s where the sidewalk ends; I wish I could write as well as I read; daijoubu anata does NOT mean I love you and in fact it’s not even a comprehensible sentence; don’t trust the Internet; there are no messages in your inbox; “I’d like to see you again too;” there is no more annoying sound than the too-loud hum of a computer in an otherwise silent room; wouldn’t it be easier for girls to date girls—then we could understand each other; may you live in interesting times; there’s no such thing as no regrets, but baby, I’m all right; you mean she just moves away and that’s it? by me
• If you are not one of my best friends in this world then I will be fickle and disappoint you at some point in life. From my aisai <3
• You will never know how much of an impact you have made on the people in your life. Just look inside yourself, and think about how much you keep hidden, how many secret memories you cherish, how much one particular moment in time with another person has meant to you, and realize that you have created moments like that within other people. Countless others. Others you might never have given the time of day. It has never been clearer to me how precious we all are, and how much I appreciate all of you in my life. I love you all. Thank you for everything. And if you're reading this, that means you know me in some way, and so this message is for YOU. From my aisai <3
• How do you explain motivations that don't even make sense to you anymore? How do you give someone an image of what really happened, when you can only half remember yourself? How do you make them understand that you weren't completely stupid back then, when all you can think of yourself is that "God damn I was so fucking stupid"? Just... How do you do it? By me
• There's no such thing as no regrets, but baby, I'm all right. from 'Almost Home' by Mary Chapin Carpenter
• The ice cubes in their tea chatted amongst themselves in little tumbling noises whenever one of them thought to take a sip, and the tea talked to itself in swishes. The fireflies dancing about just outside the screened porch talked in flashes and the frogs talked in croaks and the earth talked to everything in deep meanings Harry thought maybe neither of them would ever understand. The fireflies understood. from Rising in the West by me and my aisai
• "If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all." ~Oscar Wilde
• "In a very real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read." ~S. I. Hayakawa
• Some people confuse acceptance with apathy, but there's all the difference in the world. Apathy fails to distinguish between what can and what cannot be helped; acceptance makes that distinction. Apathy paralyzes the will-to-action; acceptance frees it by relieving it of impossible burdens.
These are Passages that Changed my Life. They were not all written by me; most were written by my lovely wife and some may even be copyrighted to a certain famous person. If you want to know where I found them, email me; this won't be updated often.
Artist credit and instructions for using my Harry/Draco mood theme can be found here.